Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chicken Stir Fry



I started making this after I had chicken fried rice at Pei Wei. It's so good, so simple, and probably best of all this version is very healthy! Shocking I know!

Ingredients:
4 cups cooked rice
1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 1/2 cups of cooked diced chicken
1 head of broccoli (chopped)
1/2 bag of shredded cabbage and carrots
soy sauce
sesame oil
garlic powder

Optional:
onion-I have been really squeamish over onions lately so I left this out.
egg-just crack an egg into the mix about halfway through cooking, I just forgot about this one!
mushrooms
baby corn
water chestnuts
fresh garlic (just didn't feel like chopping tonight!)

Directions:
I do a combo of half olive oil, half sesame oil because the sesame oil has a really strong flavor. Use about a Tablespoon of each and heat your pan over medium high heat. Throw in your broccoli, red pepper and if you want to add any of the other options, now is the time to throw it in.

Let that cook for about 5 minutes, then throw in your cabbage mix. The cabbage will start to brown and get really soft after a few minutes. Toss in your chicken and this is where I sprinkled a little bit of the garlic powder in. Let that go for another couple of minutes, shake a couple of dashes of soy sauce in and stir. I honestly don't know how much soy sauce I added. Taste as you go!

When your mix looks like this...


Stir in your rice, add soy sauce to taste and your done!!!

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be making this asap! Looks sooooo yummy, and I'm pretty sure I can do it without screwing it up!
    Onions? Why so squeamish? Does Lily need to have a talk with you?? :)

    ReplyDelete